Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 1998 18:08:43 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <aklemm@hightek.com>
To:        Chris Shenton <cshenton@it.hq.nasa.gov>, Andreas Klemm <aklemm@hightek.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: radius, how to enable/diable logins on different type of NAS ?

On Tue, Mar 31, 1998 at 11:02:42AM -0500, Chris Shenton wrote:
> Livingston v2 supports auth where it can check the user against
> groups in /etc/group presumably (I haven't used this yet). But if
> you're not a Livingston customer, then the license doesn't let you use
> the SW.

We are Livingston customer and do have v 2.01 ;-)

> I've hacked the old free Livingston code as modified by Ascend to do a
> couple site-specific things here and it's not that hard. Could
> probably add a Dictionary entry for check-item
>
> 	Site-Hack-Group = "router"
>
> etc, and then do a getpwent() or something to compare the groups.

Hmm is it perhaps the feature:

"NAS-IP-Address"
	= check item to specify the IP address of a particular
	  PortMaster. When this setting is used as a check item
          in a user entry, the user must attempt to start a connection
	  on the specified PortMaster for the connection to succeed.

> Hummm... what this world need is a GRADIENT, a GNU RADIUS with full
> source and all the extended features (groups, checks for multiple
> logins, etc). Or maybe that's GRODIEST...

;-)

--
Andreas Klemm                                   <aklemm@hightek.com>
http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas/                <andreas@FreeBSD.ORG>