Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 1998 16:26:49 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty), fpawlak@execpc.com, jcwells@u.washington.edu, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, hasty@rah.star-gate.com
Subject:   Re: Andreessen: Linux use growing

Look , we *need* both short temper posters and a very calm an
reasonable posters. About six months ago, if memory does not
fail me a netscape developer attended the SF Users Meeting and
not to my surprised was full ill of ill conceived ideas about freebsd
and the reason being is that the "wild eyed crazy linux hordes"
saw an opportunity and they took it. The netscape developer
listed his main concerns and one by one we addressed them.
All except the thorny issue of proper elf support .Interestingly the
tempers ran very high when it came to freebsd elf supporting issues.
I left and I only attended the SFUG meeting which Julian's company sponsor .
The netscape developer walked away infuriated an shortly there after
the netscape browser for freebsd came into existence.

The moral of the story? We *need* to get involved with outside companies
such as netscape.

	Amancio