Date:      Tue, 19 May 1998 11:37:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.tera.com>
To:        freebsd@atipa.com (Atipa)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why we should support Microsoft...

	[[ ... ]]

> > Frankly, putting IE into Win95 was the next logical step for Microsoft
> > to make and I applaud Bill for having the guts to give the government
> > the finger on this one.  This government has no business saying what
> > Microsoft can or cannot put into its software products and they have
> > no business saying what can go into MY products either.  I'm at least
> > smart enough to see that I can't argue for my freedom and deny
> > Microsoft's without becoming a complete hypocrite in the process.

	That's well and good, Jordan, but what M$ overloads into
	their OS isn't the crux of the matter.  What is is
	how Microsoft forces vendors to handle only their products.

	The case is not about how one corporation has such a
	significant part of the market, but in how they _got_
	there.  Mobsters aren't the only ones to use brass knuckles.

	gary