Date:      Wed, 3 Jun 1998 22:56:35 -0600 (MDT)
From:      John Matthews <matthews@nethawk.converg.com>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        matthews@converg.com
Subject:   BT848 and newer versions of WinTV cards

I currently have fxtv working on my PC and since I'm building another
one, I purchased two different WinTV cards the other day which won't work
with the 2.2.6 drivers or the updated driver dated 980519.  I'm wondering
if someone could tell me what the version is on the cards (with FM stereo)
that are working?  The first one I tried had a bt878 chip on it and wasn't
recognized by the kernel.  I returned it to the store and found another one
that had a bt848 on it.  The kernel found it and fxtv turned it on but, I
could never tune into any channels with it.  This board had Revision C1V on
the tuner.  Any ideas?

Are there any plans for supporting the TurboTV card
http://www.ixmicro.com/turbotvmac.htm ?  I've also tried this card
with no luck.  fxtv can tune in all the channels, but it won't turn
on any sound?

John Matthews