Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 02:12:29 -0400
From:      Brian Cully <shmit@kublai.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, "Andrew J. Doane" <adoane@ais.net>
Cc:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 440BX based SMP systems

On Tue, Jun 09, 1998 at 09:38:07PM -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> Awww.  What's wrong with the ccd driver if you're doing RAID0?
> And haven't you heard that the Linux quake server runs faster
> under FreeBSD emulation? :-)

The Linux Quake client ran substantially faster on my NetBSD box
under emulation than it did under Linux. I suspect the same is true
on FreeBSD as well. :-)

What ever happened to timing Linux kernel builds under FreeBSD? I
still have a couple of clueless 31337 Linux weens here at work and
I'd love to be able to tell them to use FreeBSD to compile their
kernels. :-)

--
Brian Cully						<shmit@erols.com>
``And when one of our comrades was taken prisoner, blindfolded, hung