Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 10:15:57 +0100
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Handbook's DocBook conversion -- state of play

This is a quick update to those of you following the Handbook's (long
and tortuous) conversion to the DocBook DTD.

I think I'm probably about halfway there (maybe 45% or so). A lot of the
markup still needs changing (which is taking the majority of the time at
the moment), a driver file for the DSSSL stylesheet needs creating (to
specify local conventions and options) and the entity definitions need
rolling back into the source. Also, the thing needs splitting back
into separate files. But it's getting there.

For those who want to see what the result of the conversion process looks
like, try <URL:http://www.freebsd.org/~nik/handbook/book01.htm>. Consider
this an 'alpha' version if you like, the presentation hasn't been customised
in any way. Nevertheless, feedback will be appreciated.

Work: nik@iii.co.uk                       | FreeBSD + Perl + Apache
Rest: nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk    | Remind me again why we need
Play: nik@freebsd.org                     | Microsoft?