Date:      Tue, 21 Jul 1998 15:57:16 -0400
From:      Norman C Rice <nrice@emu.sourcee.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does building current on 2.2.x still work?

On Tue, Jul 21, 1998 at 12:58:13PM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <19980721130054.A20330@emu.sourcee.com> Norman C Rice writes:
> : > of things: if ld doesn't die missing ___error (when BINFORMAT=aout), it's
>
> cd /usr/src
> sudo make -m /usr/src/share/mk world
>
> Is all you need to do to upgrate from -stable to -current.  Substitute
> buildworld if you just want to build.
>
> Note that using the relative path won't work, nor will trying to
> define things on the command line.

Perhaps my intent was unclear. I was trying to let Doug know that
using the relative path can/will `break' the build and spew the infamous
``___error'' messages. I thought as keeper of the FAQ this might be of
interest to Doug. AFAIK, use of the relative path also breaks updates
of -current.

I do not have any problems with the build or install. I have not
experienced any problems with the following, except after a few
untimely cvsup's. ;-)

 make -m /usr/src/share/mk buildworld
 make -m /usr/src/share/mk installworld

--