Date:      Tue, 4 Aug 1998 20:06:55 -0400
From:      "Amir Y. Rosenblatt" <amir@neuron.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IP gateway problem

I've got 2.2.6 installed on my P133.  It's got a 3Com 3C900 XL PCI
ethernet card and a Motrorola Lifestyle modem.  I've got my own class C
for the internal LAN and the BSD box can ping the LAN boxes fine and has
no problem hitting the net over the modem but seems unwilling to route
packets between the LAN and the Net.  I've got gateway set to YES in
/etc/rc.conf and have tried it with both ipfw enabled and set to open and
with ipfw disabled.  No routing daemon is running.    Here's the result of
netstat -r:

[amir@discordia]~ {7:55pm}> netstat -r
Routing tables

Internet:
Destination        Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use     Netif
Expire
default            nb3-ny.new-york.ne UGSc        4       55      ppp0
localhost          localhost          UH          0        2       lo0
nb3-ny.new-york.ne discordia          UH          4        0      ppp0
207.111.82         link#1             UC          0        0
zoloft.neuron.net  0:5:2:0:24:e8      UHLW        0       33       vx0    173

I'm sure there's something obvious that I'm missing as I hhad no trouble
doing thsi a yrear and a half ago under the then-current 2.2-stable.
Suggestions?

	-Amir

--
    / \   Madness takes it's toll.  Please    | Amir Y. Rosenblatt
   /<@>\    have exact change.        - anon  | amir@neuron.net