Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 15:38:06 -0400
From:      Nathan Dorfman <nathan@fcc.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Bumping MAXLOGNAME?

Is it safe to bump MAXLOGNAME in sys/param.h and expect to have 16
character usernames? We already have a good number of customers with usernames
with lengths between 8 and 16 and need our new FreeBSD machines to understand
these usernames. As -current runs with MAXLOGNAME==17, I don't see a problem
with doing this on a -stable machine. Is there anywhere else I might need
to change this, or any pitfalls I am missing?

Thanks!
--
  Nathan Dorfman  |  Frontline Communications Corporation
   nathan@fcc.net |     Pearl River, NY - 914-623-8559