Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 16:15:29 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Robert Watson <robert@fledge.watson.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: after wakeup from apm sleep: pccardd[46]: No free configuration for card 3...

[ Moved to -mobile ]

> I have APM and pccard enabled in my kernel (config file below); however, I
> often get the following message on waking up the notebook after a sleep
> (with the card still in the slot):
..

> Sep 23 13:33:21 sleipnir pccardd[46]: No free configuration for card 3Com
> Corporation

This is caused by a bug in pccardd.  It doesn't cleanup the resources
correctly all the time when it has been 'removed' (either by the kernel
faking a 'remove' during suspend or from a real removal), so it thinks
certain resources are still in use (when in fact they aren't).

Someone with more time than me needs to go figure out.  I started on
doing that months ago but it fell by the wayside along with most of my
other 'free software' projects due to lack of time/interest.

(This is not a kernel bug, but a user-land daemon bug...)

Nate