Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 1998 19:34:16 -0400
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        dg@root.com, green@zone.syracuse.NET, grog@lemis.com, julian@whistle.com, bag@sinbin.demos.su, rock@cs.uni-sb.de, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current NFS problem

On Sun, Oct 18, 1998 at 02:42:56PM -0700, Mike Smith wrote:
> > Has anyone asked Rick Macklem about this?
>
> Rick bowed out of the NFS game a long time ago.  Kirk would be a better
> bet.
>
> We do actually have an indirect contact with Rick via Mark Mayo, and
> he's lukewarm at best about doing anything with his old code, let alone
> talking about it.

I do see Rick from time to time at the bar, so if anybody has *specific*
questions about things in the NFS code I can always group them up
and go over things with Rick in person. He's pretty much "inaccessable"
via email, but in person he occasionally gets interested and reveals some
nuggets of information.  :-)

In general, he's not interested in helping FreeBSD in any way, since
he thinks the code has become too "polluted" and "complicated" now.
(which I would disagree with.. initial inspection by myself a while
ago suggested that not much at all has really changed..)

At any rate, if you find problems with *Rick's* code, I'd bet he'll
fix it, if he still remembers any of it..  :-)

As for any other help, as I said, give me a list of specific questions
and I'll do my best to get answers.

-Mark