Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 1998 13:58:26 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Bogus world build results?

azaria:/usr/src>grep ">>>" makelog
>>> elf make world started on Mon Oct 19 11:32:01 PDT 1998
>>> Cleaning up the temporary elf build tree
>>> Making make
>>> Making mtree
>>> Making hierarchy
>>> Cleaning up the elf obj tree
>>> Rebuilding the elf obj tree
>>> Rebuilding elf bootstrap tools
>>> Rebuilding tools necessary to build the include files
>>> Rebuilding /usr/include
>>> Rebuilding bootstrap libraries
>>> Rebuilding tools needed to build libraries
>>> Rebuilding all other tools needed to build the elf world
>>> Building elf libraries
>>> Building everything..
>>> Making hierarchy
>>> Rebuilding the aout obj tree
>>> Rebuilding /usr/include
>>> Making hierarchy
>>> Installing everything..
>>> Re-scanning the shared libraries..
>>> Rebuilding man page indexes
>>> aout make world completed on Mon Oct 19 13:43:00 PDT 1998
azaria:/usr/src>file `which ls`
/bin/ls: FreeBSD/i386 compact demand paged executable
azaria:/usr/src>objformat
elf

Something appears to have spagged $OBJFORMAT halfway through the build,
resulting in an a.out world being built.  This is -current as of about
1pm PST today.

Any ideas?  I'm nuking the entire build tree and starting from scratch
just to be sure, but I'm pretty sure I'm clean.