Date:      Wed, 04 Nov 1998 14:16:30 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        "Larry S. Marso" <larry@marso.com>
Cc:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0-Release breaks pt0 (scanner) working under Aug. current

>this done, pre-CAM, you get the following output from the Install script:
>
>//////
> This ScanJet device file already exists... not created
>     /dev/scanjet:   Vendor: 'HP      '  Product: 'C2520A'  Type: 3 (Scanner)
>     Successfully opened scanner device '/dev/pt0'
>     /dev/pt0:       Vendor: 'HP      '  Product: 'C2520A'  Type: 3 (Scanner)

It looks like XVScan uses the old pass-thru driver interface.  This has
been completely changed for CAM and the software will have to be modified
to deal with this change.  If you have access to the source, you can
use the 3.0CAM cdrecord and xmcd ports as a guide for how to use the
new interface.  I also believe that SANE has been ported to CAM which is
another scanner package.

--
Justin