Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 1998 14:22:49 +0200
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CODA on FreeBSD-CURRENT

Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com> wrote:

> Wondered about anyone's experience with CODA on FreeBSD-CURRENT.
> I see that vinum and some other stuff is included in the source tree, but want
> to find out more about people's experience  (good and bad) with these.  Are
> they stable, etc.

I have tried CODA on current-elf machines.  One acts as server and
one as a client :-) , but my client machine crash everytime I run
cvsup on /coda mounted /usr/src.  As the cvsup crashes client
machine everytime, I mark coda as unstable for me and don't spend
any more time, althought it seems very interesting and suitable for
our needs.  Maybe I should try an aout version instead, because it's
better supported and tested ? Anyone knowledgeable ?

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee