Date:      Tue, 1 Dec 1998 16:24:50 -0800
From:      "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
To:        Paul Griffith <paulg@interlog.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenBSD vs FreeBSD

On Tue, Dec 01, 1998 at 06:48:09PM -0500, Paul Griffith <paulg@interlog.com> wrote:

> Can anyone pointme a URL that compares OpenBSD and FreeBSD. I am looking
> at setting a IP packet filter this weekend when I get my cable modem
> installed. I plan use a deny be default stance, and just allow in : FTP,
> DNS, SMTP, and WWW - maybe SSH in the future. Everthing else get locked
> down.
>

> Paul Griffith <> paulg@interlog.com

	IP packet filter in both FreeBSD 3.0 and OpenBSD would be
	done using the same software: IP filter written by
	Darren Reed. FreeBSD 2.2 also has ipfw (in addition to
	ipf) - ip packet filter which has been in FreeBSD for a
	while now.

	Off topic: your subject line is very inappropriate for
	this forum. I hope this thread will not turn into
	yet another flame war or some such.
	Do you really expect people here, on this list to say
	"Use OpenBSD" or "Use Linux" or etc?

-- Yan

I don't have the password .... + Jan Koum
But the path is chainlinked .. | Spelled Jan, pronounced Yan. There.
So if you've got the time .... | Web: http://www.best.com/~jkb
Set the tone to sync ......... + OS: http://www.FreeBSD.org