Date:      Sat, 5 Dec 1998 08:35:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sam Pigg <sam@redbacknetworks.com>
To:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tyan Thunder 100

>> >because there aren't enough available slots.  Also, does the Thunder's
>> >on-board SCSI work with the ahc driver (freeing up a slot I would
>> >normally put a SCSI adapter in)?
>>
>>    I'm using the S1836DLUAN with two 450Mhz processors. It's been working
>> fine.
>
>I can confirm. I'm using two 400Mhz processors. Onboard SCSI works
>well, too.

Are any of you using it with >512 megs of ram? I still cannot get it
to function correctly with freebsd (still freezes, hangs etc).
Works fine with windblows. Yes I've checked the simms in different combinations
and even replaced all the memory. Any combination larger than 512M
will not work with freebsd.

-Sam