Date:      Wed, 6 Jan 1999 09:36:35 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@clinet.fi>
Cc:        kowkn@asia1.com.sg, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i386/9341: tty-level buffer overflows

[ Mods to sio values ]

> I do not understand why these values have stuck to be too small for ages,
> as most older hardware need this to be able to reliable communicate at
> higher speeds.

Hmm, I would have to disagree with a 486/66 running 4 full-time 33.6K
modems w/out ever whining about overflows.  At times we stress them hard
by downloading software from the remote ends to one another just for
fun.

And, *every* night one of them is saturated both sending and receiving a
boat-load of stuff.

Nate