Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 15:51:14 +1100
From:      Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   [Summary] Re: CVSup for doc files?

I said:
> I've checked the examples but I can't see how to arrange to cvsup the various
> bits of documentation:
>  - local copy of the handbook
>  - README.html in the ports collection
>  - FAQs

Thanks to Christopher Hall <hsw@acm.org> and
William Lloyd <wlloyd@tolstoy.mpd.ca> for quick answers.

For the handbook & FAQ, add "doc-all" to the supfile (or, if you are using the
stable-supfile, "doc-all tag=." just like for ports).

You can install the latest handbook/FAQ with
	cd /usr/doc; make FORMATS=html ; make FORMATS=html install
but you need to have the sgmlformat package/port and the five or six packages
it depends on installed.

There is also "www tag=." for the contents of the web page.  Neither doc-all or
www are mentioned in /usr/share/examples/cvsup (:<) but are mentioned in the
handbook in the section under CVSup.

The README.hmtl files in ports are manufactured, not cvsuped:
	cd /usr/ports; make readmes
(Clever!) but it currently fails in the japanese/vje-trial port (no Makefile?).

Greg.