Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 05:30:41 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   HEADS UP!!!!  Important instructions for -current users!

As of a few minutes ago, a minimal set of changes to bring the so-called
'new-bus' functionality to the i386 kernel in -current.

This is a complete, from the ground up, change in the way the system
boots and configures.  For the most part, we've gone to a lot of trouble
to make it work the way it used to, but there are some minor changes
required to your kernel config file that make a BIG DIFFERENCE to what
happens when you boot up.

If you do not update the config file, you will not have a working keyboard!

A brief summary of the changes you should make (see GENERIC!!):

* apm and npx should attach to the nexus, not isa.
* atkbd and psm should attach to the atkbdc, not isa. (critical!)

I have bracketed the commit with PRE_NEWBUS and POST_NEWBUS tags.

As a special warning: The APIC_IO interrupt management could be a little
wonky on systems that require the special mptable fixups.  If you have
warnings about broken mptables, or additional interrupts being wired,
hold back until it's been checked.

Cheers,
-Peter