Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 1999 12:43:29 -0400
From:      Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        trouble@hackfurby.com
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cobalt like for FreeBSD?

At 02:00 PM 8/31/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Dennis, can i ask what your products have to do with a cobalt raq, absolutly
>nothing, they are router/filtering products now low level server produsts
>like was originally requested, such as the raq 2, why dount you takje that 1
>u case and install a straight FreeBSD system on it slap in a ethernet
>interface and then re-post to the group. instead of trying to sell routers
>and networking solutions, when they were looking for a server

They are 1U boxes with 2 or 5 ethernets with apache and full unix OS, which
is substantially similar to the RAQ2+ units.

>> We sell Freebsd/linux routers in a 1U case....also 1 to 5 ethernet port
>> units with bandwidth management and apache.

So what is a RAQ2+ but a 2 ethernet port 1U server with a web server?
Router or server...its all a matter of perspective. Plus ours come with
built-in bandwidth managerment and act as a transparent bridge. A server
with multiple nics is a router.

dennis

Emerging Technologies, Inc.

http://www.etinc.com
ISA and PCI T1/T3/V35/HSSI Cards for FreeBSD and LINUX
Multiport T1 and HSSI/T3 UNIX-based Routers
Bandwidth Management Standalone Systems
Bandwidth Management software for LINUX and FreeBSD