Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 17:10:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Road Runer cable modem network, and FreeBSD

	I am using a FreeBSD machine for my gateway to my cablemodem provider.
	Works really great, and I am as pleased as punch with it. Thanks for
	all the good work.

	Now a friend of mine has a cablemodem, and I want toset up a machine
	for him. However he is on the Road Runer netowk (Time Warner?). It is
	my understanding that the following are true of the:

	1. They _require_ DHCP.
	2. They require some sort of "login" after establishing the network
	   layer connection.

	Bith of these are different from my cablemodem provider, and since he
	is in a different cty, having the mahcine set up as closely as possibe
	to a working system would be benefical.

	So, can anyone point me to a source of information on using FreeBSD for
	this?

	Can anyone confir that they have this working?

	Thanks.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems