Date:      Wed, 5 Jan 2000 12:03:39 +0100 (CET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   isp0 - File exists, routes?

3.3-RELEASE, sppp

Due to a current downtime at the university I'm forced to use a different
access point, ISDN sppp (they have an Ascend router I believe) - at the moment
I'm cut off and have only access via modem.

I'm trying to set up the connection via this little script:
(I don't know the IP addresses beforehand )

ifconfig isp0 down
ifconfig isp0 link1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.1 netmask 0xffffff00 debug
spppcontrol isp0 authproto=chap myauthname=<myauthname> myauthsecret=<geheim>
ifconfig isp0 up

When I'm doing this I'm getting the following:

ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCAIFADDR): File exists
And:

# netstat -rn
Routing tables

Internet:
Destination        Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use     Netif Expire
0.0.0.1            default            UH          0        0     isp0
127.0.0.1          127.0.0.1          UH         10     1328      lo0

First: Why do I get ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCAIFADDR): File exists
 ?

Second: Why do I get this weird route - it should be (if at all):

Destination       Gateway
default           0.0.0.1