Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2000 00:50:11 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: isp0 dead - now I have an anamesis, Dr. i4b :-)

Christoph Kukulies writes:

>In the recent vein of toggling isp0 down/up and isdnd restarting
>in case of a dead isdn link it happened to me a couple
>of minutes before. Here's the log:
>
>Mar 10 15:34:35 isdn-kukulies su: kuku to root on /dev/ttyp2
>Mar 10 15:56:36 isdn-kukulies /kernel: i4b-L1-ph_data_req: No Space in TX FIFO
>, state = F7 Activated
>Mar 10 15:56:38 isdn-kukulies last message repeated 2 times
>Mar 10 15:56:38 isdn-kukulies /kernel: i4b-L2-i4b_mdl_error_ind: unit = 0, loc
>ation = F_MF07
>Mar 10 15:56:38 isdn-kukulies /kernel: i4b-L2-i4b_mdl_error_ind: error = MDL_E
>RR_F: peer initiated re-establishment - SABME
[snip]

These are merely symptoms, not the cause. The problem is that, for some
reason, no packets are going out on the D-channel (that's why the No
Space... message is appearing, there's a pending packet which isn't going
out on the wire for some reason). That's also why the peer started sending
SABME packets.

This bug appeared quite a long time ago and Hellmuth came up with a
fix which seemed to work. At least, it disappeared on my system.

Unfortunately, this trace is useless for tracking down the real source
of the problem.

WTF is an anamesis ?

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj@muc.de garyj@fkr.cpqcorp.net gj@freebsd.org