Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 01:34:59 +0900
From:      Yoshinobu Inoue <shin@nd.net.fujitsu.co.jp>
To:        nnd@mail.nsk.ru
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 'machine/param.h' required for 'sys/socket.h'

Hello,

> 	'sys/scocket.h' header file start using ALIGN macro
> defined in 'machine/param.h' header file while the man page
> for "socket" only mentioned 'sys/types.h' as the prerequisite
> for 'sys/socket.h'.
>
> 	As a result the 'net/pchar' port is now broken.

Yes, this problem is already found by Bruce A. Mah and some
mail is exchanged between related people.

> 	What must be done to solve this ?
> Is it possible to '#include <sys/param.h>' in 'sys/socket.h' OR
> the man page must be corrected to explicitly state 'param.h'
> (sys/ or machine/ ?) as the prerequisite to 'sys/socket.h' and
> all the programms using it patched accordingly ?

As itojun's experience, including machine/param.h in socket.h
also cause problems in some other apps.

I feel requesting inclusion of machine/param.h for any apps
which use socket is better. But if there are any other smarter
solution, please let me know and I'll appreciate it much.

Thanks,
Yoshinobu Inoue