Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 15:01:46 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Ilmar S. Habibulin" <ilmar@ints.ru>
Cc:        Nikolai Saoukh <nms@otdel-1.org>, Yoshinobu Inoue <shin@nd.net.fujitsu.co.jp>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current sudden panics :(

In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0003220813250.220-100000@ws-ilmar.ints.ru> "Ilmar S. Habibulin" writes:
: This is driver for ed(ne2000) cards. I have realtek(rl driver). I took a
: look at his source and didn't find such strings. There is comment there
: about cutting off mbuf header before passing it to ether_input - what's
: this?

I applied a similar patch to the end of the rl packet handling
routine.  It didn't solve my arp crashes, however.   It is almost as
if sometimes the rl driver passes a packet to ether_input and then
does bad things to it behind the scenes...  I've not had a lot of time
to try to track down why this does what it does.

Warner