Date:      Sun, 9 Apr 2000 11:00:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        wc.bulte@chello.nl
Cc:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dual boot FreeBSD + OSF1?

In article <20000407220032.A10016@yedi.wbnet>,
Wilko Bulte  <wc.bulte@chello.nl> wrote:

> In my own experience T64 also runs on older SRM f/w. But new SRM
> releases/PALcode versions are created for a reason so I'd still
> recommend to install the latest one.

Thanks.  I've done that and it worked OK.  Installation went OK
too, except that it won't accept the license key that came with the
software and there's absolutely no support contact address or phone
number anywhere in the printed documentation or on the CDs or on the
web site.

Do any of you know which NICs are supported by Tru64?  I'm having no
luck with the non-DEC 21140 card that's in the machine currently.

    tu0: no SROM info for selected media

Web searching seems to indicate that only DEC brand NICs are
supported, and I can't even find anybody that stocks them.  The
Compaq/DEC web sites don't even have a list of supported hardware that
I can find.

*Sigh.*  If you're ever feeling negative about FreeBSD, just go try
installing any commercial Unix.  It a great way to recalibrate your
expectations.

John