Date:      Mon, 8 May 2000 19:21:15 +0100
From:      Aleksandar Simic <alex@frustum.clara.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Ryan Moser <ryno@whack.org>
Subject:   Re: Mixer trouble

On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 10:52:09AM -0700, Ryan Moser wrote:

> i have the exact same card. it took me a month or so to figure out the
> lines to put in my kernel. the tricky part is you have to have the isa
> support even thought it is a pci sound card???
>
> here are the lines that i put into my kernel
>
> device          pcm0 at isa? irq 10 drq 1 flags 0x0
> device          pca0 at isa? port IO_TIMER1
>
> this makes xmms play mp3's but i'm still unable to cat sounds to
> /dev/audio everything else sounds great though
>
> because it took me so long to do i hope this works

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your reply, but in the end it turned out it was just a
loose cable connection between the CD and the sound card.

As far as the kernel configuration goes, all I have is:

device          pcm

and it works.

But what I found confusing was the fact that I had to run:

./MAKEDEV snd0

and *not* snd1 despite the fact that this is a pci card.

Hope that helps you,

-Alex