Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2000 23:26:16 -0400
From:      Jason T <luser@ahab.com>
To:        Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>, FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: remove empty TEMPROOT dirs at mergemaster's end? (was: cvs commit: src/usr.sbin/mergemaster mergemaster.sh)

I think I can clarify.  If mergemaster leaves ANY files behind, it also leave
the subdirectories, even the empty ones.  The request is to have empty
subdirectories (of ${TEMPROOT}) removed automatically.  This benefits anyone,
experienced or novice, who leaves some files behind for more deliberate
examination after mergemaster.

The request was to make this standard mergemaster behavior, not another expert
option.  Personally, I have wished for this myself, both when mergemaster was
unfamiliar and later.