Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2000 13:14:44 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   <trademark> tag in the docs

In the Programmers Tools tutorial there are several uses of the
<trademark> tag but it appears not to work:

	    <trademark>MS-DOS</trademark>

appears in the doc as:

	   MS-DOS&trade

Looking through the handbook and FAQ there is no special treatment of
trademarks so the fix would appear to be simply removing the tags, but
before I do can someone confirm whether or not this is a bug (I assume
the tag should produce the "(TM)" symbol).

Also, shouldn't we really acknowledge trademarks, either by using the
"(TM)" symbol with each instance, or a global "All trademarks are the
property of their respective owners" type statement in the header of
each doc?

--
		4.4 - The number of the Beastie