Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:42:18 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Schmalzbauer, Harald" <H.Schmalzbauer@belenus.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Onstream ADR support?

In message <B14AF62CDA08D4118B8C00508B44A0B5012F70@server02.belenus.com> "Schmalzbauer, Harald" writes:
: I've been lokking in the archive but I didn't find any recent article about
: Onstream SCSI Tape support.
: Can I use a the ADR50 with 4.1-stable?

Yes and No.  OnStream has a whacked out tape blocking scheme that is
best described with a sneer: "WinTape".  There's some basic support
for IDE OnStream tapes, but the tapes that are made aren't
interoperable with other systems and it might not actually be in the
tree.  I think that the scsi version also has this hack, but I might
be mistaken.

I have one of these devices that I'll happily bring to BSDcon to give
to a developer that wants to do this.  I have docs, but not the time
it would take to do this project.

Warner