Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 2000 12:17:12 -0400
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chimesnet.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, Drew Derbyshire <ahd@kew.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sysinstall DOESN'T ASK, dangerous defaults!

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 09:48:32PM -0600, Brett Glass wrote:

> No; it seems more as if YOU are a minority of one. Unless I've managed to
> miss one, every other participant in this thread besides you has suggested
> some change to the default configuration.

Those often fighting for change often use this arguement. However, those of
us who like the status quo are the silent majority and don't feel its required
for us to sound off everytime someone has some idea on how to make us more secure.

Thankfully, I know of `grep -cve '^#' /home/ncvs/CVSROOT/access` people who
are generally smart enough not to make changes without thinking of all
the consequences.

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect, BOFH / Chimes, Inc.
                billf@chimesnet.com / billf@FreeBSD.org