Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2000 12:38:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        imp@village.org, jim@siteplus.net
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, rivers@dignus.com
Subject:   Re: 4.1-RELEASE pccard?

> In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0010021049360.366-100000@veager.siteplus.net> Jim Weeks writes:
> : After you recompile the kernel this will cause the device to be recognized
> : as ed0, the first device rather than ed1 that is being recognized now.
>
> This isn't a ed0 vs ed1 problem.  He's got the device recognized, but
> it is failing to generate interrupts (vmstat -i is your friend here,
> btw).  That's caused almost always by an attempt to use an interrupt
> that another hunk of hardware, possibly w/o a driver, is using.
>
> Warner

 I agree - this is most likely an interrupt problem.

 I don't _think_ anything is on 3 or 5... and I can't use 10 or 11.

 And, remember FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE with PAO was able to handle
 this hardware just fine - just earlier this morning.

 I'm building a kernel with USB disabled - perhaps that contributes
 to the problem (i.e. stealing an interrupt.)

	- Dave Rivers -