Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2000 19:30:11 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
To:        Kris Kirby <kris@catonic.net>
Cc:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>, freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Alpha 4.x releases (production quality?)

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 04:55:50PM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> > Not really, I was more thinking of the problems people seem to have
> > installing 4.1.1.  This particular case might be a firmware bug.
> > Multias have ancient firmware.  At least shutdown -r now reboots every
> > alpha I have.  And I have lots of different alphas.
>
> I understand that there is a firmware update out for the Multia (at least
> from my version of SRM) but in the interests of Keeping It Working, I've
> neglected to apply it.

I once found, I forgot where, a rare version of SRM for the Multia that
works really well. I will put it up for ftp on ftp://www.tcja.nl/pub/wilko
for you.

My Multia's really seem to like it, FreeBSD does too.

> fan. Are there any other issues (like the 74F IC on the bottom that likes
> to overheat) that you can think of?
>
> I'd still like an answer on cross compiling... (please)

Marcel had it working before he left .nl for .ca.us He borrowed my NoName
to test it. I don't know if it still works with all the changes that went
into -current since then

--
Wilko Bulte
wilko@freebsd.org 			Arnhem, the Netherlands