Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 2000 18:54:25 +0100
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>, Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>, Andrea Campi <andrea.campi@it.worldonline.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, josh@zipperup.org, robd@gmx.net, dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie
Subject:   Re: Junior Kernel Hacker Task: M_ZERO

> Now, if one or two people will review this patch and verify that
> LINT & GENERIC kernels compile the same, we're set for commit...

It works fine with GENERIC - atleast I tested a buildworld with
sources build with it. I don't think LINT compiles at the moment,
atleast it seems to get stuck in the midway driver. I'll have a
look at it this evening.

One other think I wanted to do was seperate out the bits of the
patch which touches code shared among the BSDs (KAME in particular).
We should probably check with the owners of the code before we
touch it, as it is a sort of "cosmetic" change. OTOH, it seems like
something which could be useful for all the BSDs, as it provides
the memory allocation system with a better idea of the demand for
various types of memory.

	David.