Date:      Sun, 12 Nov 2000 12:44:29 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        opentrax@email.com
Cc:        keichii@peorth.iteration.net, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/22042: spelling error

On Sun, Nov 12, 2000 at 03:32:31AM -0800, opentrax@email.com wrote:
> I  don't concur. "Seperation of tasks" usually involve
> tasks that don't merit replication. Certainly FreeBSD can
> gain by providing a response that is much more pro-active.

There is no "FreeBSD" in this context.  Just people.  In this case,
time is a resource that we don't have enough of.  Rather than have a
committer spend the five minutes composing an e-mail to the XFree86 folk,
it is a better use of resources if the original PR sender does so.  The
committer can then concentrate on working through the rest of the PR
database.

Yes, in an ideal world we would be able to shepherd PRs about non-core parts
of FreeBSD to the appropriate third party.  However, it's much more effective
if people like you take up the baton to help.