Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:56:48 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        "Mike O'Dell" <mo@servo.ccr.org>
Cc:        "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>, Jim King <jim@jimking.net>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dedicated disks (was: Dangerously Dedicated)

On Sunday, 19 November 2000 at 21:20:43 -0500, Mike O'Dell wrote:

> having partition tables on disks is just as much part of
> the "PC architecture" as having to deal with the unpleasant
> ealities of BIOS.  use the hardware, play the game.
> deal with it.

Fine, if there's no alternative.  But you're ignoring the fact that
there is.  We get rid of the BIOS as soon as we can after the boot.
Why stick with the disk layout?  Remember, I'm not saying "let's
implement dedicated disks", I'm saying "let's not throw out dedicated
disks".

Having said that, if this is just a mod to sysinstall, it's not such a
big deal.

Greg