Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:41:54 +0000
From:      Paul Rose <paul@cow.org.uk>
To:        Geoff Buckingham <geoffb@chuggalug.clues.com>
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>, Steve Reid <sreid@sea-to-sky.net>, Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XF86-4, Linux binaries, DRI?

Previously, Geoff Buckingham said:
: It is perhaps worth pointing out we have had XFree86 4.0.1 working
: duel headed on G400s in the office under both FreeBSD and OpenBSD using the
: 'linux'[1] driver downloadable from Matrox's website.

Having followed the instructions to get the extra kernel modules
(drm.ko, gamma.ko, mga.ko); I now believe I have GL & DRI working
on a dual headed G400 under XFree86 4.0.1.

To see if it had actually worked, and that I wasn't deluding myself,
I've downloaded and tried the Heretic II demo from lokigames and this
works well, and looks very nice. It works in fullscreen mode whether
you have X setup for multi-desktops or Xinerama; but doesn't actually
span across onto the other monitor in Xinerama mode.

This is using all FreeBSD XFree86 4 binaries/libraries/things, and the
Matrox G400 drivers referred to above (to get the dual headed support),
and also linux_base, linux_mesa installed, but no additional linux X
based libraries and things.

If anyone wants any more info, give us a shout.

Cheers,
P.
--
Paul Rose                                  paul@cow.org.uk