Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 2000 07:56:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tim Erlin <tperlin@yahoo.com>
To:        Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: and if -questions doesn't work?

That's a fair response, but doesn't do much for
FreeBSD advocacy. I can't help but think that
marketshare (read Micro$oft) is obtained by making it
easy to find help; configuration for the lazy, if you
will. Maybe I misread the goals of the community.

I can't choose a side here; I respect an OS or
application that requires you to learn it, to
understand how it works before you can run it
effectively, but that requirement seems to relegate
FreeBSD to a hobby until I become an expert...and
since it's a hobby, that may never happen.

--Tim
"Look Ma, I'm using -newbies for a discussion!"