Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:37:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ethernet entropy harvesting seriously pessimizes performance

:
:>     Please try this patch.  This should solve all the random harvesting
:>     performance issues no matter how efficient or inefficient the hash
:>     function (untested as I do not have a -current box at the moment).
:
:Erm, you are behind :-)
:
:I have already committed something that does this in a much more
:configurable way.
:
:M
:

    Mark, something like this doesn't REQUIRE any configuration!!!  Don't
    add confusion to the system.  Just make the default something
    reasonable.  There is absolutely no reason to have to be able to adjust
    the interrupt seeding code if the default is made something reasonable.

						-Matt