Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 01:45:50 -0500
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wavelan stumper

Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org> probably said:
> I have a Lucent base station model RG-1000 in bridging mode (this was
> a hand-me-down).
>
> I have a Oronoco Gold and Oronoco Silver card.
>
> FreeBSD current and FreeBSD 4.1.1-RELEASE.
>
> Two different laptops: Sony VAIO (current) 505TS, IBM Stinkpad A20p.
>
> The only way I can get things to work is if I power on the laptop and
> then reboot the base station.  Has anybody seen this before?

Strange. When I was using an RG-1000 at home (not something I
recommend if you have a decent alternative, but free is hard to beat
sometimes :) in bridging mode it worked perfectly with 4.2-STABLE or
4.1-STABLE or whatever I had on my sony Z505HS at the time.

I did swap the card in the RG-1000 to a gold card and that card and
the gold card in my laptop were both the most recent firmware,
but I used the silver card it came with (which came shipped with
a recent firmware version) first.

I also used the windows lucent utility to set up the RG-1000
initially, but made changes with the free java airport config tool.
You might want to have a look at the config with that ... oh, and
there is newer and more versatile firmware and windows config tool for
the RG-1000 available.

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu