Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 22:27:16 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org, developers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: The RELENG_4 (aka -stable) branch is now unfrozen

--==_Exmh_1230338764P

If memory serves me right, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
> Thanks for everyone's hard work on this, everything looks very nice
> indeed!
>
> You may now proceed with all those gated -stable commits you have
> saved up. :)

Hi Jordan--

A little problem...

The RELNOTES.TXT files still read 4.2-STABLE instead of 4.3-RELEASE.  We
need a edit of the version numbers in src/release/{alpha,i386}/
RELNOTES.TXT plus a tag slide on those files.  I am not sure how this
should be handled given the new branchpoint strategy, so I'm going to
defer to you on this.

In the past you've handled the version number bumps for these files.  I
assumed that you were going to do this for 4.3-RELEASE, but this hasn't
happened as far as I can see.  If I was supposed to do the version
bumps, I'm sorry for the screw-up.

Thanks,

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_1230338764P