Date:      Sun, 6 May 2001 21:15:22 +0200
From:      Jan Chrillesen <jan@chrillesen.dk>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Thinkpad locks up with current

Yesterday I cvsup'et my Thinkpad 600E to current and during bootup it
locks up. It's totally dead - flipping the powerswitch on the laptop is
not enough - I need to remove the battery.

The problem seems to be PCMCIA related. If I remove the PCMCIA cards it
boot and runs for some time, then locks up again. As soon as I insert a
card (tried Cisco Aironet 340 and Xircom REM56G-100) it locks up.

I did another cvsup and buildworld today, but things are still b0rken.

If I boot the old 4.2 GENERIC kernel that's still on the drive it runs
OK and I can build the world, so it's not a hardware issue.

/Jan