Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:14:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Nathan Vidican" <nvidican@ipsnetwork.net>
To:        Omachonu Ogali <missnglnk@informationwave.net>
Cc:        small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: State of PicoBSD

> Out of curiousity, what's the current state of PicoBSD?
> --
> Omachonu Ogali
> missnglnk@informationwave.net
> http://www.informationwave.net

The 'status' could be summed up as fairly complete I'd say. For the most
part, PicoBSD users are using it for some custom purpose. You can build
your own copy of PicoBSD using just about any post 3.0 release of
FreeBSD with the sources currently commited to the tree. I've been told
it can be done with 2.X branches as well, but have never tried to
personally.
   In summation, I'd have to say that it's complete; as complete as it
will be for now. Like the standard release of FreeBSD, improvements, and
additions will most likely continue onward in the future... but PicoBSD
is definetly alive and doing well as-is.

--
Nathan Vidican
Nathan@Vidican.com