Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 22:06:52 GMT
From:      "Mr. Sporkman" <spork@fasttrackmonkey.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   telnetd patch and 2.2.x

Hi,

I've been trying all sorts of things to get a safe telnetd
running on a 2.2.7 box.  I tried a bit of backporting of the
patch, and that was no good.  I tried bringing over the sources
to the newer telnetd, and that's not good either.

It seems many things have changed since then, like the addition
of "printflike", netdb.h, more stuff in libutil.h, etc.

Is there anyone who is more skilled at this looking at getting
a patch backported?  While the obvious answer is to upgrade this
box or turn off telnetd, neither is possible for at least a few
more months (shell server)...

Thanks,

CS