Date:      Sun, 29 Jul 2001 19:00:11 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   -current lockups

--uZ3hkaAS1mZxFaxD

Hi all,

For the past 2 or 3 weeks my -current system has been experiencing
temporary lockups, usually under disk load.  The entire system will
hang for around 20-30 seconds, during which time absolutely no
network/IO/keyboard/mouse activity is accepted.  Usually, after 20-30
seconds the system will unwedge and activity will resume, but
sometimes it hangs forever.  There are no console messages logged by
this event.  I cannot break into DDB until after system activity
resumes normally.

My system is a PPro 233 using IDE drives.  Has anyone else seen
something like this?

Kris

--uZ3hkaAS1mZxFaxD

--uZ3hkaAS1mZxFaxD--