Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 23:01:38 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com>
To:        Matthew Hagerty <mhagerty@voyager.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xircom pccard problem.

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 05:29:18PM -0400, Matthew Hagerty wrote:

> Also, does anyone know what happened to the Xircom driver pages and mailing
> list?  They seem to have just gone away...

The driver pages and mailing list archives still exist at
http://ukug.uk.freebsd.org/~scott/xe_drv/

Unfortunately the machine hosting that site was bitten by the telnetd
exploit last week and is still under (re)construction :-(

The mailing list was closed down a couple of months back, as it was seeing
hardly any traffic and there's enough people on this list who are able to
answer most of the questions that do come up.

I never managed to get support for the older (and weirder) Xircom cards
(CE2, CEM28, CEM33) to work reliably, mostly because the driver was
developed on CE3 and REM56 cards and I never got to play with any of the
others.  Xircom also didn't release the documentation for these older
cards, so the code to support them is largely educated guesswork :-)

	Scott