Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2001 21:02:27 -0400
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Christian Chen <oistrakh@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mouse wheel stops working after hardware upgrade

Just a long shot, but within Netscape, I've found that scrolling with
the mouse wheel is also dependent on the state of "Num Lock" on the
keyboard.  If "Num Lock" is on, then the mouse wheel doesn't scroll
(presumably due to some modifier being set in the X event, I dunno).

Perhaps your new motherboard comes up with "Num Lock" on by default?

louie