Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2001 21:04:17 +0100
From:      Jonathan Belson <jon@witchspace.com>
To:        freebsd-libh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Some thoughts

Hiya

I've just been having a play with libh (though I haven't manged to
get the last snapshot to compile completely - still looking into it)
and a couple of things occur to me:

One of the things I miss from when I used Linux is the Tk kernel
configuration utility (make xconfig).  Command line purists may
disagree, but personally I find it easier to choose options from
a well laid out gui than editing a large text file.  This could be
another useful application for libh.

Personally I think TVision is pig ugly.  Both Qt and GTK have versions
that render to a frame buffer - would it be possible to have a third
target for VGA capable displays using FreeBSD's frame buffer interface?
Qt/Embedded is under GPL unfortunately but AIR GTK is LGPL.

Thoughts?

--
C-YA
Jon