Date:      Fri, 21 Sep 2001 19:39:10 -0700
From:      dannyman <dannyman@toldme.com>
To:        Shwim <shwim@purdue.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: anyone recommend a good freebsd game?

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 03:08:29AM -0500, Shwim wrote:
> Exactly how times did the sun rise before you emerged...and an even
> better question is...how long before you went back to getting your KI
> and DI up?
>
> hehehe...if there is one graphical network game that has stood up to
> the test of time it is NetTrek...

0-19:38 dannyman@dell /usr/ports/games/netrek-COW3-bin> tail -2 pkg-descr
NOTE 3: This client, since it is still in development, has an expiration
date.  The current version of the client will expire on Fri, 4/16/99.

So, I install the other client:

0-19:38 dannyman@dell ~> netrek
connect: Connection refused
metaserver.ecst.csuchico.edu: not listening or network failure.
netrek: can't connect to metaserver metaserver.ecst.csuchico.edu at port 3521

I dunno, I don't see much standing up to the test of time. :(

-danny

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com/