Date:      Mon, 3 Dec 2001 02:28:09 -0800
From:      "Crist J . Clark" <cjc@FreeBSD.org>
To:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problem Splitting Branches with Procmail

I thought I had heard this discussed somewhere on this list before,
but I can't find a thread in the archives. I finally got around to
sorting commits from different branches into separate mailboxes using
the "X-FreeBSD-CVS-Branch:" header. Then I immediately ran into the
problem that followups people post to the lists do not have the above
header and are not dropped into the right box.

The "X-FreeBSD-CVS-Branch:" header is specifically there for this use,
so I assume some people are using it? Is there a way to configure
procmail(1) to figure this out and get replies in the same box with
the original message? I can think of some very elaborate ways to try
to do this, but I don't like them. Any procmail wizards have come nice
recipes for this?